Tuesday 6 March 2012

Part Two - xx - Simply Be Doncaster Shop Launch - with new Simply Be Model Abi Hill

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I was invited to the launch of the Simply Be Doncaster Shop. 

The shop is on the 1st floor of the lovely Frenchgate Center which is very elegant, lots of nice little shops and coffee type places.  The center itself has also got great , well I'd almost describe them as cubby style seating areas  - very comfy and private for discreet gatherings and girly/boyfriend type  stuff. 

So to the shop itself, as soon as I walked in I was greeted with a glass of champers , very nice , and a lady with a platter of finger foods ( looked nice but with moi and my allergies I declined – didn’t really want my face to turn into a chip monk that night TBA).


Big smile from the lovely Abi Hill , so I went over and said hello  ( as mentioned on the simply be site  - I felt very short in comparison to Abi   ( I’m 5:8 and was wearing flats so that’s my excuse)   mind you she did have totally massive heels on  - I mean girl how the heck did you walk in those? )




Abi, if you have never met her is a total inspiration she has progressed from winning beauty pageants to winning the Simply Be plus sized model hunt competition 2011.Shes tall , beautiful and a real plus sized girly girl.  I found it interesting and surprising that we  had one thing in common though and that was our shape  ( even though you would never guess lol) , we are both upper hourglass and lower apple :0) .


Interesting facts about Abi
Name - Abi Hill
Height - 5:11.5
Dress Size -  16
Age - 21


So after finishing chatting to Abi I had a good look around the store, everything was beautifully laid out as you would expect, with the latest clothes, some great Joe Brown and Frock & Frill, next salary :0).   Whilst I was looking at an item of clothing I was asked if I’d like a fashion makeover, apparently there are advisers in the store that will act almost like personal shoppers and bring clothes to you to try on  - very cool. I declined the offer that night , but what a marvelous idea.



Here you see some of the lovely staff and a gentleman looking slightly bemused :0) .  


I also got chatting to this lady and didnt even catch her name  (how rude am I!)  .



I love the blue dress, she was so helpful, we talked for ages about the clothes and she was very interested to hear about my online shopping experience versus my actual shop experience. She was very versed with regards currently trends, colors and what would suit your particular shape.  Lovely lady, and a perfect representative for Simply Be clothes.










So whilst I was mid chat , a lady with a Mic came hurtling towards me from across the store,  ( I thought heck what have I done!)  She said,  “ Could I ask you a question , so you can win some money to spend in the shop” ,  daft question I thought ,  of course you can.   So she preceded to ask me “Which member of Westlife was married to Kerry Katona”, "errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmm   oh yes is it Brian I whispered"  ( with a little help from a friend standing close by phew! ) . 

“Whoooo congratulations you;ve just won £20.00 to spend in store. “   Well if I didn’t have ammunition to spend before I certainly did now.   So off to the lingerie section I went ,  Abi came over and offered her advice, then left me umming and arghing whilst she went off to do her model duties.    ( I am so very indecisive re lingerie )



Another assistant came up and said to me “Oh that’s a  nice set , my mum has just bought it, I asked her how old her mum was and she said ”55” . 

I was feeling particularly naughty and said “Oh ,you;ve put me off now I’m much younger, what a thing to say ”, and started to walk away,  the poorly girlie nearly died on the spot, she was totally mortified ha ha  ( my big sis will tell me off  for that one lol) .  

I did catch up with her later though and showed her that I’d purchased the exact set that I had teased her about lol.   See below my lovely lingerie, I just need a special occasion to wear it for now  - mmmmmmm!.



The Champers and foot platters didn’t stop all night ( nice) , there was a hairy moment were one of the servers collided with one of the clothes rails and the drinks went flying, glass everywhere, which was a shame poor girl – hope she was okay.

So to the big moment and lets cut the ribbon .

 


All in all , it was a fabulous night :0)
So, time to go  ( feet are aching and this ladys sleepy) , on the way out I was asked did I really have to go?
 "Yes I'm super tired I replied" and was given a big smile combined with a lovely to see you and a goody bag  ( nice touch).


Contents of the Goody Good Bag
Zandra Rhodes Scarf  ( I love scarves, I feel a picture coming on)
Green bangle ( which will be my sisters when I visit her xx) 
Simply Be Lipsill
Simply Be pocket mirror  ( very pretty and just in time my last one sadly broken  ( ah bad luck) 
Simply Be nail file ( loved this and nearly lost it to my bestee) 
Chocolate  ( okay I couldnt eat these being one of the "Sugar People" but hubbie and the pups enjoyed) 
Bottle of water  ( muches gratious) 
Coffee? ( strange choice but hubby thanks you lol)
Simply Be Catalog

Thanks Simply Be xxxxxxxx   you’re simply B-eautiful


1 comment:

  1. wow what a fantastic night and dosnt abi look stunning, i hope to meet her at one the events, as she seems lovely....

    ReplyDelete